Beijing No. 1 Machine Tool Plant was built on June 30, 1949. Its predecessor was the merger of several small factories left by the Kuomintang Peiping government, and it was originally called Peking General Machinery Plant. The predecessor of the Peking Machinery Plant was mainly composed of the No. 1 to No. 8 repair shops of Beiping City after the liberation of Beiping.